The Innovation Challenge is an exciting, educational competition that challenges Wichita area students in Kindergarten, 1st and 2nd grade to find an innovative and new use for a product to serve a specific purpose. Each class is asked to pitch their innovation in a creative YouTube video presentation with a maximum length of 3 minutes. Classes cannot be combined as the competition is for single classes only unless it is a permanent class with a combination of grades. Once uploaded to YouTube, along with the other required information, simply type the URL into the space provided on the form "SUBMISSION ENTRIES."
The deadline for the submissions will be 11:59 PM, February 16th, 2017.
The product and purpose it must fulfill will be released on December 1st, 2017.
WHAT IS INNOVATION?
Innovation is the action of taking a PRODUCT or SERVICE and making it better, or giving it the ability to help a problem that people may have.
For example: When cell-phones first came out they were big, slow, and could only do a small number of things. Over the years, people have taken phones and given them the ability to use the internet, be touch screen, take pictures, and play music. All of these cell phone features are innovations of a phone.
IN THE VIDEO, THE CLASS IS ASKED TO:
- Describe their new innovative product.
- Describe how it completes the purpose.
- Give the product a name.
- Develop a visual aid of the innovation. This can be in the form of a prototype, using the product that will be revealed on this website, December 1st, 2017 or in the form of a computer generated drawing or hand illustration.
- Maximum 3 minutes in length
- Impress the judges! Have fun!