The Innovation Rally is an exciting, educational competition that challenges Wichita area students in grades 3rd, 4th, and 5th, to find an innovative and new use for a product that we will reveal on January 9th, 2017. Each class is asked to pitch their innovation in a creative YouTube video presentation with a maximum length of 3 minutes. Classes cannot be combined as the competition is for single classes only unless it is a permanent class with a combination of grades. Once uploaded to YouTube, along with the other required information, simply type the URL into the space provided on the form "SUBMISSION ENTRIES."
The deadline to register your class(es) for the competition is 11:59 PM on Friday, January 13th, 2017.
The deadline for the Submission Form with the YouTube URL of the 3-minute pitch is 11:59 PM, January 31st, 2017.
Your classes will be Innovating a CEREAL BOX. You may use however many cereal boxes you would like to make your innovation. You have creative freedom, do something new and fun!
What is innovation?
Innovation is the action of taking a PRODUCT or SERVICE and making it better, or giving it the ability to help a problem that people may have.
For example: When cell-phones first came out they were big, slow, and could only do a small number of things. Over the years, people have taken phones and given them the ability to use the internet, be touch screen, take pictures, and play music. All of these cell phone features are innovations of a phone.
In the video, the class is asked to:
- Describe their new innovative product.
- Describe what the new innovation would be used for.
- Give the new innovation a name.
- Identify the reason(s) why a consumer would want to buy it.
- Develop a visual aid of the innovation. This can be in the form of a prototype, using the product that will be revealed on this website, January 9th, 2017 or in the form of a computer generated drawing or hand illustration.
- Sell the idea that your innovation is the best innovation.
- Maximum 3 minutes in length
- Impress the judges! Have fun!